Wednesday 13 February 2013

Tito

At the end of December, I purchased a new friend. A Nikon D7000. With my unavoidable drive to protect it, I gave it the utmost protection. You might even say that said protection was comparable to the extent to which someone might protect their first born. I got my first DSLR four years ago, and regrettably denied it of any adventure, because I was worried of breaking it. Potentially comparable to other types of parents, no? Point being, with this purchase I almost immediately decided on a 365 project. I did not want this camera to lead the same sheltered life as my D60. I made a conscious effort to use it every single day, and now, on February 7, I am happy to say that I am impressed with my commitment, only missing a few days (I did, however,  neglect to update my blog that I also created..).
In early January a friend asked me if I considered my camera to be my child, or my boyfriend, to which I responded: "my child". Obviously, I thought... it's only a baby. I have to say, now, that after a month, it is much more than that. It is an extension of my hand. And if anyone asked me the same question now, I would undoubtedly respond with "my boyfriend", and then try not to feel weird about the fact that what was once my child is now my boyfriend. This seems appropriate considering the fact that I had to think long and hard on a name, and not rush it (which I have also done before, and gave my D60 the ungodly name of "Gertrude"...what?). Once it came to me it just seemed to fit: Tito. For all of you wondering how weird I have to be to name my technology, who am I not to? This little piece of love can do so many things that I, or my human eyes cannot. He helps me see how beautiful this world is (which I think we all tend to forget) and I think he deserves some recognition.
I'm thinking of naming my 35mm f/1.8 nikkor lens Banderas... for the final full name of "Tito Banderas" because it just rolls off the tongue. But I'm going to have to let that one sit in my brain a little while longer, I think.
The point: in this blog pose I included my favourites of my three-sixty-five Project photos from January. I'm still learning how to use this blog (I feel like an 80 yr old learning how to use the internet). I'm going to try to upload my favourites each week for the remainder of the year. And yes, I will even admit to missing a day if that is ever the case.








Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment