Monday 18 February 2013

February 18

49/365 (If you haven't figured it out already. click the thumbnails for bigger images!)

Alison Purdon is the best. I didn't even have to ask her to take photos of her today. No wonder we are fantastic friends. She knows what I want when I don't even have to tell her. This even shines through in these photos of her beautiful self.
Taking photos of people is my favourite, but I have not yet mastered the art of directing my subjects. It is an awkwardness that I have not yet been able to shake. If I could put them inside my brain for just one second to show my vision, it would be easy to get the result I want... but then it wouldn't be worth it to share, now would it?

It would ruin the surprise. The surprise is the best part! 
On that note, what I imagine to be the beautiful outcome I hope for, rarely ever is. What I want doesn't happen, and what does happen is such a wonderful surprise to myself. 
It's no surprise Alison is a beaut, though. Am I right!?


Also, sunshine and snow at the same time is perfection.

ANOTHER THING about Alison is that she's always good at breaking people out of their shell. Me included. She helped me crack part of one of those metaphorical shells today as I tried to get over my shyness of directing her as a model. I think it worked!


Thanks for a beautiful day :)


Like what you see? I am ALWAYS looking for models who will let me awkwardly direct them. Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment