Tuesday 26 February 2013

February 25 and 26

It is outrageously ironic to me that as I sit here, writing this blog post that is supposed to be about my photographic journey, I am procrastinating applying to my first photography job. Ever. At a newspaper. My procrastination is not driven by lack of discipline, but rather lack of inspiration. It is hard for me to describe in a formal cover letter the distance out of my comfort zone I am willing to go on any given day to get a shot I really desire and that tells a story, and isn't that the point of journalism?

Also, writing resumes and cover letters is awful, but that's besides my point.

This is only slightly spirit crushing. Considering the drive I feel when I pick up a camera, I have a hopeful feeling that one day (whether it is now, or later), that drive will get me somewhere. It has already gotten me places in the past few months I never thought It would, and I'm really looking forward to seeing where it takes me next.

A picture tells a thousand words, and so does this resume I am editing (probably), but I'm striving for my pictures to say no less than  5000 - 1 million words per shot, every time, and that, is how I intend to keep my trigger finger fueled.

I wish cover letters could be this poetic and expressive and fun.


That being said, here are my shots from February 25 (fifty-six) and 26 (fifty-seven)

fifty-six
Sometimes I wish I could live in black and white simply to see beauty where I sometimes forget it exists.


fifty-seven

Yet another creation that came out of a search for something else. I found myself in a spot on campus where the trees are lined up in rows along Gordon st. I have always wanted to capture this, instead I found the beauty to be a little bit of green in a sea of snow and slush and sad (but beautiful) winter ambiance. Yes, those are my boot toes peeking out at the bottom.


No comments:

Post a Comment