Friday 7 March 2014

The best piece of advice I've ever gotten from a post-secondary institution. Literally.




This is the view from my yoga mat.

The message came to me one fateful day in the mail....

Okay. Fateful is a large stretch. But it did come to me in the mail, in the form of an acceptance letter. From a school, that, after half thought/half instinct, I realized may not do me the kind of good I’m looking for (and thereby keeping me from doing the kind of good I'm looking to do for other people).

So instead, I reaped the benefits, in the form of tearing out the most important message that struck me from the package.

There’s some kind of magic attached to a piece of advice that comes to you like this (quite literally, in this case), rather than one that you tell yourself every day because you know you should, and this one means more than the words that make it.

Some people call me the most indecisive person they’ve ever met. So, naturally, you’d think this particular sentence would stress me out. Instead, it keeps me grounded. Reminds me to look before I leap, but not to look too hard (unless maybe I’m holding a machine that makes photos). Reminds me of what I value. So on my wall it will stay, beside the blue sky and trees out my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment