Sunday 16 March 2014

An atmosphere I'm thankful for.


I’ve been lucky enough the past couple of years to be surrounded by musical people. Provides an atmosphere I wouldn’t get otherwise. Its continuing presence in this town (“musical” is at best and under-representation of Guelph and its art scene, to say the least) has given me an association that will make it difficult to go when I decide to leave it.

Lately, one of the only relatively “serious” lines I can recall from The Office (yes, the hilarious tv show) has been resonating with me lately... from the final season... “I wish there was a way to know you were in the good old days, before you’ve actually left them”. 


This makes me nostalgic, especially when summer comes around and I think of the old Georgian Bay stomping grounds. But. When times like this happen, or when I get lulled to sleep by a live acoustic “concert” in my house, or when I join and dance around and/or sing with zero cares (sometimes really loudly and sometimes really horribly)... it’s hard not to know I’m in the good times... before they've gotten old.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment