Monday 4 November 2013

Inspirational Monday

I'm in the midst of a quarter-life crisis, and I'll admit it. It's unfortunate that more often than not I find myself worried about the future, rather than excited. I don't have a complete, structured out plan, and that scares me. After reading these words by Dale Carnegie, it became (more) obvious that the days I feel worried, are days that I am not working on particular skills that are going to get me where I want to go. I feel excited on the days I feel determined and immerse myself in making beautiful things and feel convinced that one day, I will make photography a life. 




This is going on my wall to remind me to keep going. For the days when I feel tired and want to retreat back to my bed. For days when daydreaming seems easier than actually running towards a goal, and for days when I'm scared that if I put myself out there I'll be less than awesome. 

Everyone has been frozen by failure, the difference between those who thrive and those who fall is the and drive to keep going (my drive is fuelled by passion and the desire to create). Even if that road seems to stretch so far into the distance that you can no longer see it.

Feel me? If you do, I think you know what you need to do: Something. Action. Whatever you want to call it. Laziness can feel great (occasionally), and easy, but making something great feels even better.

And a big ol' props to Dale Carnegie for the words to spice up another one of my landscape shots. I dove into the summer archives for this one. Jodi and I were somewhere on the road in New Brunswick... but let's be honest, that's where most of my beauty landscape shots have come from.

Fin.





No comments:

Post a Comment